So, I’ve had this blog for awhile (and I love it), but I’m thinking I want to rethink it. Or maybe the word should be ‘re-design’? I don’t mean just a redesign of the look/feel but a FULL makeover.
What exactly does a full makeover entail?
When I first started my journey I gave this blog it’s “Epic Weight Loss Journey” moniker because, well, my journey is EPIC. Since then, I’ve been hemming and hawing over the name. I would really like the name to be changed. Like my journey, I want a title that isn’t so much weight loss focused as it is health focused. I want it to have a bit more of a broad appeal too – inviting for everyone: big, small, skinny, obese, healthy, near-death, etc.
After all, everyone has a journey to take.
that brings me to….
I should have one, shouldn’t I? When I started this blog it was for pretty selfish reasons. I just wanted to lose weight and document that journey publicly. I knew that if it was public, I’d be accountable.
As I went on, I realized my personal blog was doing more than helping me, it was helping others. I’ve come to realize I want helping others to be my focus and I’ve been thinking/toying with something along the lines of:
My Mission is to:
- Give hope to people who are overweight (unhealthy?) and inspiration to those who need it.
- Share my struggles and my victories.
- Learn from others.
- Live out loud in a world that isn’t so kind to those who dare to be big.
Remember, that’s a work in progress. But, the spirit is what I want to keep. At the end of the day, I want this blog to be bigger than just me. I want it to be a resource, and a source of inspiration for others.
I know people have limited time to read blogs and I want them (YOU) to have a reason to make mine one of the regular spots they (YOU) turn to. I’m gonna come up with a reason why you should invest your time (I promise). That also means I’m going to set a goal to write more consistently. If you show up, I should too.
Lastly, I want to change…..
I want my blog to be really, really ridiculously good looking a la Zoolander. I want it to be the blog equivalent of Blue Steel. I’ve been thinking about the blogs I love and spend my time visiting. They all have a few things in common:
- They almost never have ads (if they do, they aren’t huge) and they NEVER have pop-ups. Not that I have either of these things now…..
- Nothing plays automatically.
- They don’t use images (or images aren’t the MAIN focus – they don’t just throw them in to throw them in). I know it is counter intuitive, but I think there is something to that.
- They don’t have lots of “JUNK” in the sidebars – they look clean. Simple.
There you have it. My declaration of change.
I’d really, really like to know what you guys think. Do you have an opinion on the look, the mission, and/or the name? Let me know! Leave a comment, email, post it on Facebook. I’d love to hear from you!